Friday, June 11, 2010

Official Video: Robyn - Dancing On My Own

The first time I heard this song I thought it was from the Sugababes. But alas, it's Robyn! After approx of 13 years since Show Me Love (the last song from her that probably most of my generation would recall) and 3ish years after With Every Heartbeat, I finally like another Robyn song.

Don't we also have those instances where we spot someone that we like at a club realise they are simply not into us and instead hitting on someone else. And despite all our efforts to get noticed, we're never good enough. This is the feeling that the song depicts. Robyn herself mentioned in an interview that the song was actually inspired by sad, gay disco anthems.

On the video, age is evident. She is making this weird dance movements but it looks like she's having a seizure. Then again that's how Robyn dance even on live performances

I decided to put this video up as I was talking to my BFF earlier and he mentioned this is how he felt last Saturday when he seemingly got rejected by a guy he likes.

One thing that baffles me about the lyrics, if you listen carefully, Robyn seems to sing it like: I'm giving it my all but I'm not the guy you're taking home. Is it just me or probably her Swedish accent or is she really saying guy in reference to herself?

Here's the vid. Typical club scene in slow-mo to be in synch with the rhythm of the song. =) Some of the club mixes are a killer though. 


What do you think?


No comments: