Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bigfish presents Innovation White featuring Above & Beyond Anjunabeats Volume 8 World Tour 2010


When I heard a set date for Innovation White, I was like, finally it is happening! After a series of delays and postponement, it finally happened on 01 October 2010. Rumour had it that Dash Berlin or Aly & Fila were the dj pegs for the Innovation White party. To my surprise and thrill, Bigfish had announced that Above & Beyond are spinning. I'd die!!! And I quickly updated my Facebook status and tweet this to my friends and followers. Nothing could have described how excited I was upon hearing this.


In support of their latest project - Anjunabeats Volume 8, the trio embarked on a worldwide tour from Europe to the Americas and some parts of Asia. The Philippines is very much privileged to have been a part of this tour along with Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur.

Anjunabeats as we know is the record label company formed by the members of Above & Beyond. Anjunabeats Volume 8 contains today's best dance tracks from Kyau & Albert, Mat Zo, Nitrous Oxide and A&B's own Oceanlab which have been mixed by the trio giving these tracks a newer life and meaning.


As the night grew older and moments came closer 'til A&B took the decks, the crowd was so enthusiastic and excited - ready to party! While the preceding DJ built the crowd's momentum and slowly intro'ing the trio, the excitement and energy is unparalleled. 


The crowd validated their state of utopia when Daft Punk's One More Time was played back to back by Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling


I couldn't believe it myself! I was actually there dancing to Above & Beyond! They have been my favourite DJs since 2001 and I finally made it at their gig... It was so surreal and I couldn't help but jump, dance and shout in euphoria. 



They played songs that really carried me and made fly - songs like On A Good Day, Lonely Girl, Home, Alone Tonight, For All I Care and many more. This is definitely one of the best dance events I have been to. I can put it alongside Arman van Helden (2000); John Digweed (2001); Paul van Dyk (2005); Tiësto (2006); Armin van Buuren (2007)

The night was a celebration of fun, love and friendship -- my friendship with Jason for over 10 years now, a new level of friendship with people I've known years ago as well as newbord friendships founded that night. It was also great seeing all the party people in the dance community. We are one in trance, it's a place that feels like home. 

As Paul van Dyk's famous trance anthem -- My home is where you are, in every beat, with every beat we're closer

Sharing with you the feel and ambiance of the venue. Photos were taken from my BB, Jason's BB and Allan's camera.

I'm telling you even last Monday, I was still seeing the strobes and laser lights. It was that good people!!










Here are photos of myself together with the people I was with and who I saw at the venue. Photos from my BB, Jason's BB and Allan's camera

 Jason, Marx, Allan
 Jethro, Karl, Marx, Allan
 Mike, Jason, PJ, Marx
Marx, Allan

 Jethro, Jason, Marx

 Mike, PJ & Marx
Marx, PJ
Happy, Ping, Marx, Allan, Jason, Kinsly, Mike

Share your experience too--


No comments: