Saturday, May 19, 2012

Goodbye Donna Summer

Earlier this year, the music industry was saddened with the sudden passing of Whitney Houston. Today, another legend and icon leaves us.

Donna Summer aka The Queen of Disco has lost her battle with breast cancer. She died on 17 May 2012.

Another dark day for music. Today I and for the next coming weeks, I just want to bump Donna Summer tunes to reminisce my childhood days. My parents, especially my mum drew particular interest with Donna. My mum was the one who introduced me to her music. Being very young in the 80's I just tend to listen whatever's being played on the radio and by whomever is manning the stereo. It wasn't hard to fall in love with Donna's music. The Giorgio Moroder signature 70s disco beats is how I will always remember this disco diva. She has inspired the likes of Madonna and Kylie Minogue to build and nurture their musical careers on this particular genre. 

So for now, I'ma be like, tsup tsup, beep beep! #BadGirls.



Do you like Donna Summer? Share your thoughts...


No comments: