Friday, July 5, 2013

Bigfish presents Innovation White featuring Jochen Miller, Rank 1, and Ana Criado on vocals

It was a rainy night but the show must go on. Not even a storm could stop me from seeing one of my dj/producer crushes in person -- Jochen Miller -- not mention, a closing set delivered by one of the most underrated trance acts Rank 1. So I marched on with my #TrioTagaPayong friends and reveled the night away.

When Jochen took over the decks, the crowd just went ballistic, started jumping, throwing their hands up in the air, and just losing in his heavy basslines, epic riffs, and Bigfish's fantastic laser light shows.

I did feel the crowd of Bigfish is getting younger as years go by, well that only means that my generation is ageing as well. Jochen Miller's energy was channeled by the crowd and as he drove us to edge of his infectious beats, he still manage to throw that smile that even led the girls and the boys and practically everyone else crazier. As he built, smashed, drove, and threw the crowd high up, it was time for the duo Rank 1 to take over, keep the aerial momentum and eventually land the crowd safely. Oh, and somewhere in between was Ana Criado singing. I didn't feel much of her presence really, so I don't have anything else to say. 

It was a night of redemption for the Innovation White series. I could remember the last great Innovation White was during the Above & Beyond 2010, not even Cosmic Gate or Chicane could top it but with Jochen and R1', I can say it is now back on track.

And it gets better, there was an after party at Club Haze where Jochen spinned some more. His energy is just encompassing and with all the riffs he's been doing while flashing his white-teeth smile, was just a monumental.

A few snaps from that night:

 Paul, Justin, Van, Jase, Marx, Jay (photo courtesy of Jason Tomas)

 Jochen Miller working the deck of Bigfish at World Trade Center (photo taken via my camera phone)

 Jochen Miller working the deck of Club Haze during the after-party (photo taken via my camera phone)



Your thoughts please....



No comments: