Monday, November 22, 2010

Official Video: Kylie Minogue - Better Than Today

Exciting news greeted me two weeks before the release of this video when it said that it will be released earlier. When it was confirmed that Better Than Today is the upcoming third single off Aphrodite, I was uncertain whether I was excited or disappointed. It is a good song but I'm still not confident about it being a single.

However, the music video that was both directed by William Baker (Kylie's long-time stylist, creative director and friend) and Kylie herself, gave the song a more impact and meaning. Watching the video makes you listen to the song and appreciate it more. I thought it is a simply chic video! Kylie donned her high fashion couture with her signature smoky blue Aphrodite eye make-up. The best thing about the video is its backdrop! The psychedelic visuals of mixed abstracts and pacman!

The male synth players donned a pacman head mask. When I say pacman - not referring to the boxer, alright? The video showcased a recreation of one of Kylie's live performances, except that it's lip-synch on the vid. Kylie does sing live in almost all of her live performances.

Some of the peeps I know had some comments that it reminded them of the 2 Hearts video but a way better version - which I agree on to a certain degree.

Enjoy the vid!



Your thoughts please?


No comments: