Thursday, August 19, 2010

Album Review: Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

I got the leaked album today thanks to my best friend Jason Tomas. I couldn't resist to download and hear the rest of the tracks on the record a few days from its official release date. Once released, I will purchase the original merchandise as part of my normal routine.

























With her current global #1 hit California Gurls and the slowly chart-climbing Teenage Dream, Katy is releasing her sophomore album in a few days from now. Aside from my personal favourite Teenage Dream, I got to hear more future favourites from this record. The mid-tempo Fireworks, the playful and witty Peacock (I wanna see you peacock-cock-cock, your peacock-cock!), Who Am I Living For and Hummingbird Heartbeat are a few of my fave tracks as of now.

The album sounds like a mix of alternative music with a bit drum & bass - very 90s feel with a modern twist. Upon hearing the tracks on the Teenage Dream record, I now understand what may have inspired Katy on this - reminiscing her teeange years. Being born in the 80s, the 90s is basically a great year for us. The last decade before the new millennium. It would be great to relive this phase of our lives. 

Katy matures a little bit on the record sound and lyrics but she still retains those witty teases and that trademark of playfulness she does on her songs. To me, she's a mid-20s adult reminiscing the glory days of her teenage life.

Noteworthy tracks: Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F), California Gurls, Peacock, The One That Got AwayHummingbird Heartbeat

Track list:

01. Teenage Dream
02. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
03. California Gurls
04. Firework
05. Peacock
06. Circle The Drain
07. The One That Got Away
08. E.T.
09. Who Am I Living For
10. Pearl
11. Hummingbird Heartbeat
12. Not Like The Movies
Your thoughts?


No comments: