Thursday, August 19, 2010

Album Review: Robyn - Body Talk Pt. 1

Shortly after the release of the first single Dancing on my Own, comes the release of the first Body Talk series CD.

























The first time I heard of the first single off this part 1 series -- Dancing On My Own, I thought it was a Sugababes song. When I found out it was Robyn, I was wowed by it and couldn't stop anticipating for this release. The last song I really loved from Robyn was her 90s hits. 12 years later, she came up with Handle Me and With Every Heartbeat off her 2005 Robyn album (re-release: Konichiwa Bitches) and then 5 years later comes this fantastic album.

The part 1 is sounds like a riot backed by juvenile, melo-dramatic lyrics which I'm sure people of my age can relate to. She has also done collabs with previous and new artists/producers i.e. Diplo for Dance Hall Queen; Röyksopp for None Of Dem (previously with The Girl and The Robot); Klas Åhlund for most of the tracks.

I listen to all the songs in this 8-track CD. My favourites are: FembotDancing On My OwnCry When You Get OlderDance Hall QueenNone of Dem

This is worth your hard-earned money! Go grab the original stuff and support the artist!


Track list:

01. Don't Fuckin' Tell Me What To Do
02. Fembot
03. Dancing On My Own
04. Cry When You Get Older
05. Dance Hall Queen
06. None of Dem
07. Hang With Me (Acoustic)
08. Jag Vet En Dejlig Rosa


Share your thoughts guys. 


No comments: