Friday, July 30, 2010

Movie Review: Dear John

Dear John is an endearing story between two young lovers who fell in love in a short time and was away from one another all the time. It also tackles relationship between parent, children and friends.

Based on Nicholas Sparks book, yes he is the same guy who gave us The Notebook, do expect to shed at least a few tears on this movie. 

At first I didn't think it was from Nicholas Sparks but when I saw from the beginning credits, I psyched myself to be crying over this movie - and I did. Surprisingly, I did cry more though than I did on The Notebook. 

Channing Tatum, that ever delish stud was quite fit for the role of John. Reserved and an introvert, with a bad boyish past engaging in street fights and tousles. Whilst Amanda Seyfried is this ravishing young woman, Savannah who caught John's heart in an instant.

There are a number of scenes in the movie that are touching and you aren't human at all if you didn't feel like crying or at least get teary-eyed by it. 

Wasn't able to catch these in the movies earlier this year due to busy sched with work but I did see it courtesy of my good friend who copied me the file of the movie. 

There was also a time when I mixed up Dear John with Letters to Juliet and called it Letters to John. Can't blame me though since both do involve letters and letter-writing. 

I'd say this is a good stay-in movie. Watch it alone or with someone special for some good tear-jerk moment.

What do you think?



No comments: