Friday, July 30, 2010

Movie Review: Inception

One word -- Brilliant! Inception is one of Leo's movies that I highly anticipated this quarter. I've always been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. Since the last movie of his that I watched, Shutter Island is another disturbing yet brilliant masterpiece with long-time collaboration director Martin Scorsese.

The cast are superbly exquisite from the likes of the talented Marion Cotilliard (Academy Award best actress for La Vien Rose), the then adorable Joseph Gordon-Levitt (10 Things I Hate About You, 500 Days of Summer - boy he loves movies with numbers, doesn't he?), the ever witty Ellen Page (X3 as Kitty, Juno) and the devislishly delicious Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins, Red Eye) amongst others. 

Leo's acting was very apt for the character. Although he is not the an ideal character actor, he's always fascinated me with the way he portray his roles. As for Ellen Page, though she doesn't really become the character I still like the way she does her craft and every time she does it I always see that Juno girl in her. I was a little weirded out seeing Cillian's character with no conviction, reserved and almost the victim contrary to his other roles in Batman Begins as Scarecrow and Red Eye as a disturbed villain wanting some revenge.

At first I thought the movie would be dragging - but it wasn't. The run time was more than two hours but towards the end of the movie, it didn't feel like you have been sitting on your ass for such a long time. That's an indication of a great movie. It was actually quite easy to keep up with the movie compared to how I imagined it. Not really a fan of movies where you need to think and analyse. The key to this one if just keeping track of the dream levels. 

After watching the movie, my brain cells were stressed and decided to so something totally mindless with my friends. Headed to McDonald's for a late night dessert. And then that's the time we started to recap the scenes in the movies. I think that is the after effect of Inception -- there's this recall factor in it that you would want to talk about more after the movie and maybe perhaps consider watching it for a second time around.

Do share your thoughts---

No comments: