Thursday, July 8, 2010

Movie Review: Dorian Gray (2009)


















This modern adaptation of an Oscar Wilde novel sure will whirl you into a world of vanity and hedonism. Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian [Narnia], Dunstan [Stardust]) is a perfect epitomy of the character. 

I first watched this movie when I was on business trip in Bangkok, February 2010. After my meeting, which ended early, I decided to wait around for my colleagues instead of heading back to the hotel as the travel on the road would have only eaten up my time knowing the traffic jam situation in Bangkok. So I decided to watch a movie and sleep inside. I selected the movie based on the time that will commence screening ASAP. It happened to be Dorian Gray. Paid my tix, thought that the main cast is cute so I was, like, what the hell -- I'm just gonna sleep anyway. I did sleep really soundly. 

Months later, my friend and I traded some downloaded movies and saw Dorian Gray and copied it onto my lappie. I decided to watch the movie since I got some extra time. I ended up liking the movie and was surprise to the twists that were not really present on the original plot.

Dorian Gray is believed to be one of the most graced face that ever-lived. With actors who portrayed the role: Helmut Berger (Dorian Gray 1970); Stuart Townsend (League of Extraordinary Gentlement); Ben Barnes (Dorian Gray 2009), these men were the finest looking and fit for role.

Take a step in to the world of vanity, hedonism, love, friendship and betrayal. The gay twist, the opium -- hedonism at its finest. This movie is worth your penny. I regret not watching it the first time I had the chance to.

Would love to know your 2 cents on the movie --

No comments: